• question-icon

What do these lab reports indicate?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doc,
Greetings !

I have been suffering from lungs problems from last for 4 yrs.
But not able to see any improvement even after havig a treatment of my LEFT lung, as per the doc, i had TB problem some time back but that was unknown to me and hence it remains undiagnosed.

At present my left lung is almost damaged and now i m started feeling pain in my RIGHT Lung as well.

Attached are few recent test reports and also the summay.
Request you to please review and let me know about the problem

Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sputum examination needed

Detailed Answer:

Yes, left lung appears damaged due to probable TB in past. The damage shown in the CT scan is most of times irreversible. There is compensatory increased size of the right lung hence, you may not have severe oxygenation problem.

Present symptoms you have could be possible recurrence of TB. You may have to get sputum tested for TB.

Pain in the right lung is not pathological. Right lung is normal, since there is increase in size there could be mild discomfort which may not last long.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do ask if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Raju A.T