What do these following lab reports indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: 1) Dear Doctor -
patient come with c/o of per rectal bleeding since 5- 6 days with shortness of breath , no h/o previous hospitalisation. sigmidocopy done which shows - Rectal erosion.
after that colonoscopy done - which shows internal Haemorrhoid with Rectal Angiodysplasia . patient was admitted for the same . patient was diagnosed for - retropertonium Fibrosis ? Lymphoma and right sided hydroureteronephrosis , Rectal Angiodysplasia Hitus Hernia -
Kindly guide -
1) As patient is case of Retro pertonium mass and all other diagnosis that is right sided hydro ureteronephrosis , rectal angiodysplasia , hiatus hernia , anima , internal haemorrhoids. Are they complication of the Retro peritonuim mass or not .
2) whether the anaemia in this case is due to Retro peritonuim mass.

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As detailed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, elucidate history as per the reports you have posted.
Noted carefully and understood the concerns.
To answer your queries:
1) This is retroperitoneal fibrosis as diagnosed by biopsy and not mass, not lymphoma.
Right Hydro-ureteronephrosis is a complication of retroperitoneal fibrosis as the ureter is involved into the fibrosis causing obstruction.
rest of the diagnosis may not be complication of retro-peritoneal fibrosis.

2) Anemia may be contributory to retroperitoneal fibrosis. Not otherwise.

I hope this answers your specific queries. Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana