What do these following lab reports indicate?

Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: 52 year old male with h/o hypertension and pheochromocytoma , operated for Adrenal surgery 10 yrs back . copy of discharge summary attached . What are the chances of recurrance or complications in future and probable long term prognosis .
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
long term follow up is required.

Detailed Answer:
dear sir, hi. literature review says chances of recurrence are 6% - 20%. Factors predictive for recurrence are older age, a malignant primary tumour, tumour weight above 60 g, extra-adrenal origin of the tumour and peroperative tumour spill. Long-term follow-up of patients is indicated, even after successful initial surgery.
complication , the only may be is recurrence and worsening glycemic control, hypertension, malignancy of adrenals, and metastasis.
regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy