What do these following lab reports indicate?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Date : 17-FEB-17

Height : 177 CM
Weight : 65 KG
BMI : 21 (Normal: 18.5 - 23.9)

Pulse Rate : 72 BPM (60-90 BPM)
BP : 140/70 mmHg ((100-130)/(60-90) mmHg)

Vision Rt : 6/6, N/6
Vision Lt : 6/6, N/6

Urine Test : NORMAL

HB : 15.8gm% (12 - 16 gm%)
FBS : 100 mgs ( <110 mgs)

PP2BS : mg/dl LDL : 146.6 mgs ( <100 mgs)

Cholesterol : 223 mgs ( <200 mgs)
TGL : 125.4 mgs ( <150 mgs)

Creatinine : .8 mgs ( 0.5 - 1.5 mgs)
SGPT : 41 IU/Ltr ( <45 IU/Ltr)

ECG : Normal Spirometry : Normal
Above is the health checkup report of myself. Is the LDL level(146.6 mgs) a cause of worry.
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not to worry, but needs lifestyle modification

Detailed Answer:
hello,
LDL level is certainly on higher side, rest is normal.
Blood pressure is borderline, you need to monitor it.
There is no need to worry much about it but we should take a preventive steps as in long term it does slightly increases the risk of blockages in the heart. It does not lead to any harm in short term. At this stage, no medicines is required for it and needs lifestyle modification for 6 months and then repeating it to look for trend.
You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high calorie diet. Have low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week then once or twice a week. If bp is persistently more than 140/90 mmhg, then you may aggressive measures and medicines. Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according your capacity atleast 30 min a day and 5 days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can visit the dietician and get a diet plan for low fat diet, including total fat less than 30% of total calories, saturated fat less than 10 and trans fat less than 1. Avoid fast food as well. There shouldn't abdominal fat deposition or obesity. Get your lipid profile after 6 months.
So at this stage no damage is done, and no need to worry provided we take preventive action. So get back if you have any further doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng