What do these following lab reports indicate?

Dr. BR Hudda

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Sir, My sister getting fever since 15 days & fever around 100 F with headchic & body pain, two to three time in a day. We have done some test & consult to doctor. He told that firstly its infection of tyfoid then malariya, We take treatment for that. But After complete course same problem persist. I am worrying about her so please see enclosed reports and suggest proper treatment. thanks
All Test and treatment reports herewith attached.
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please consider these guidelines and provide more informations

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome again and thanks for all the details
I had gone through reports you have uploaded, her reports are suggestive of low platelet count 89,000 which was tested on 14/09/2015.

Other than that all the reports are within normal range you need not to worry at all.
Here I would like further information for better assessment of the condition like
Does she feels chills and rigors during fever?
How's her appetite ?
Is she is having sore throat, cough or nose congestion?
Is she having any problem with passing urine and stool like burning sensation in urine or loose stools?

In my opinion she should take paracetamol 500 mg with anti acidity medicines like ranitidine or pantoprazole.
She should be given multivitamin and minerals supplements
Ask her to have plenty of fluids

I would advise you to get her blood test done for CBC and dengue for Ig G or Ig M antibody test.
Hope this answers your question
Please do write back to me with all the details I have asked for , so that I will be able to tell you even more precisely.
Best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. BR Hudda 3 hours later
Dear Sir,
Yesterday 7 pm getting 100 F fever. Take treatment tablets. Upto till fever not come.
No feels chills and rigors during fever Appetite normal she take Rice & Milk but she getting mouth ulcer in tongue & its lower portion so take hardly small food in quantity no sore throat, cough or nose congestion. No problem with passing urine and stool like burning sensation in urine or loose stools.
Today upto till not take any tablet except mouth ulcer tablet & smile gel and eat pomegranate,milk & papad.
You suggest me test CBC & dengu but previous reports are negative for this. Please conform me its required then we will go for it.
Will We continue this treatment or not.( paracetamol 500 mg with anti acidity medicines like ranitidine or pantoprazole.)
She should be given multivitamin? and minerals supplements?
Ask her to have plenty of fluids?
Please suggest
With regards, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
I am not satisfy with your answer.

you not clear to me possibility of malariya or tyfoid.

I went for suggested test but it take time for reports.
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No malaria or typhoid, according to blood reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Welcome again and thanks for the details
since there is one report which is suggestive of low platelet count (89000) of 14 sept 2015, thats why I have suggested you for CBC to know whether it has come back to normal or not?

There is no such possibility of either of malaria or typhoid as tests for both these are negative ( I mean no malaria or typhoid according to lab reports )
It could be a case of viral fever or Dengue as platelet count has reduced significantly in one of the blood report.

So I would her to take paracetamol with anti acidity drugs (because paracetamol itself can cause acidity)for 2 to 3 days

Since she is having mouth ulcer so I would advise her to multivitamin and folic acid supplements with regular application of smile gel on the ulcers.

Please wait for till the time report comes, If everything cones to be normal than you need not to worry, she will be alright very soon because she is not having any other problem other than the fever so most probably it could be a viral fever and it will subside with plain paracetamol.

Hope this answers your question
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad