What do these following PFT findings indicate?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Feb 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Dear Dr,
Require your opinion on prognosis, probability of future complications, probable Diagnosis for below disease/ reports
61 yrs/ Female Pulmonary Function test done - FVC - 45%, SVC -75%, Restrictive , Dynamic Air trapping, ECG- Sinus , T wave inversion in V1 to V3, 2DECHO - Mild MR,Xray Chest - Clean, No past history of any illness
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
PFT findings suggest restrictive lung disorder,

Detailed Answer:

Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query on HCM.

The PFT findings are suggestive of restrictive lung disorder which can be seen in many lung conditions like interstitial lung disease, chest wall disorder, obesity etc and even in advance stages of asthma and chronic bronchitis. Sometimes lower values are obtained if a person is unable to perform the test properly If not controlled with medicines, symptoms can progress to breathlessness on minimal exertion or even rest.

Above mentioned ECG findings may be seen in high blood pressure, CAD and other heart conditions. Sometimes Mild MR on Echo may be a finding even in normal person without any disease or it may be seen in high blood pressure, CAD or valvular heart disease.

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj