• question-icon

What do these following HIV test reports indicate?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Good Morning Doctor,
Below is my complete case details please read in detail.
I am a 28 year old guy working in an MNC a sexually active person. On 1st October 2015 I had a risky exposure a brief unprotected sex with a CSW post which I got scared and did the following tests.
1.4th Generation Test after 7 weeks.
2. 4th Generation test after 12 weeks.
3 4th Generation test after 22 weeks.
4. 4th Generation test after 25 weeks.
All these reports came negative. I don't do drugs at all neither I donate blood technically I haven't risked myself with a CSW again however I Had unprotected sex with my GF on 15th Oct 2015, 26 Dec 2015 and 31st Dec 2015. She is 100%HIV negative. Below is my questions.

1.In my case having sex with my GF last 3 months ago can it cause late seroconversion? Having sex with an HIV negative person is it a possible risky exposure during window period?

2.As per your expertise what are the chances of late seroconversion in my case.

3. Help me in the details of accuracy 4th Generation Test.

4. Can multiple HIV testing be a risk for me I got Tested at Metropolis Lab a well known pathology.

5. I am 99% convinced I have no issues however 1% of my mind says to get tested in August and than in October but honestly I dont have the guts. Do I really need to get tested again?

6. What to do you advise me Am I 100% HIV free do I need to get tested again.

7. Why are these thoughts bothering me so much I get very stressed because of this unable to live a normal life I am planning to get married this year what must I do?

XXXX XXXXXXX

Please help me with all my queries it will be a very great help to me I am too stressed sorry unable to upload 25th week report
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are 100% safe and risk free from HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

You had brief unprotected sex with a CSW but 4th generation test after 7, 12, 22 and 25 weeks all are negative then don't get scared or worried.

The chance of late seroconversion is also not there in your case and sex with your gf during the initial window period don't expose her to any risk.

4th generation test is 100% reliable and accurate after 12 weeks and Desai Metropolis is the reputed laboratory so no risk of getting HIV from there.

You are absolutely safe and free from HIV. No any further test is required because there is no risk at all. It is just the anxiety or fear of HIV nothing else.

You can surely live a normal life and definitely get married without any stress or tension. Be relaxed, forget about the incidence and move ahead in life.

Hope this info will help you. If still any doubt left in your mind feel free to ask me again and I am here to help you out. Always stay happy and healthy.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist