What do these following CT scan and sonography reports indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: CT scan and sonography report of my 12 Year daughter concludes a well defined lesion ( measuring approx 6.3 X 3 X 5.9 cm ) with few cystic areas is noted in left adnexa . Uterus is abutting uterine body and sigmoid colon . Laterally the lesion is abutting external and internal lilac vessels . Anterioly compression over the posterior wall of urinary bladder is noted . The lesion is abutting left lower uterus however no evidence of hydroureteronephrosis is seen .
I want to know
1) It is serious with this age ?
2) what would be line of treatment ?
3) which speciality of doctor should be consulted ?
4) what are chances of leading a normal life ?
THANKS in advance for responses .....
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reports needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your health concern and anxiety related to the same.
As per your description it seems like an ovarian cyst or a subserosal uterine fibroid but seeing her age ovarian cyst is a more common possibility.
But I need to see the picture of ultrasound and the written report to advise you better.
Can you tell me the symptoms she had for which ultrasound was advised and whether she has started menstruation already?
Seriousness of the lesion will be assessed by certain tests viz CT scan, serum levels of CA-125 marker.
Most likely it will need surgical removal and you will need to consult a gynecologist for the same.
She will most likely have normal life further as far as fertility potential and child bearing is concerned so don't worry about that issue.
Waiting to see the reports.
Dr Manisha

Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
➡️She is getting symtoms of Nausea , series of vomitting ( with intake of anything liquid or solid ) and pain in left side . She is going for urination after long hours .
➡️Her Menstruation has not yet started as she is only 11 year and 5 months old .
➡️Also, we will be consulting Gyec as per your advice which was also suggeated by gastro doctor . He has suggested to get following blood test which would be required for further investigation by Gynec-
-AFP
-B-HCG
-CA-125
-CBC
-PT, IMR
-APTT
-Quantiferon TB Gold
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Right set of tests

Detailed Answer:
Yes sir, you are in safe hands as these are exactly the tests which are required as an initial work up and the reports thus obtained will help the gynecologist to a large extent to reach a conclusion early.
But most likely it looks like a benign ovarian mass which will need surgical removal.
So get the tests done and then we can discuss the reports.
All the best.