What do these cholesterol and Vitamin D levels indicate?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Attached is the report of a XXXXXXX check done for my mom. As per it, she has slight variations in some parameters including C4, 25-OH Vitamin D (Total), Alkaline Phosphatase, Cholesterol profile, Phosphorous, blood routine. Kindly let me know if there is anything to worry about. I am mostly concerned about her C4 and Vitamin D levels, along with others.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D supplementation needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the attached report. Let me mention that we treat patients and not reports. The clinical presentation is more important and unless clinically something is wrong, it is meaningless to intervene based merely on investigation reports. There are a large number of tests that have been done irrelevantly anyway. Coming to the findings:
* The vitamin D levels are low and need supplementation. The first step would be to give Inj. Arachitol (3 lakh units) IM once monthly for three such doses in one year.
* Other parameters are acceptable and need no concern.