What do these blood test reports indicate?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: we are XXXXXXX citizens in our mid 70's and have both just recently been diagnosed with EBV...wife's blood tests were: "early antigen ab, Igg was 27.3, Ab vca , IgG was 75.7 and nuclear antigen ab was 225. My husband's same tests were 150.0, 457.0 and 439.0.We are both extremely tired (and never were before). Our family doctor suggested gama globulin IV but said they are not very effective. We decided not to have them...what do you suggest? Right now we are not XXXXXXX ..my husband takes injections of humera for plaque psoriasis, and I have been diagnosed with mercury toxcity from dental amalgams. Thanks very much!!!!
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
The antibody profile of both of you show that both are positive for VCA IgM, VAC IgG, EBNA IgG. These results suggest past infection. Since the gentleman is on Humira, he has higher titres of the antibodies.
The treatment of EBV infection is symptomatic and supportive as antiviral treatment or immunoglobulin therapy have not been shown to be very effective or helpful.
Eat wholesome food, take paracetamol ( Tylenol ) if there is fever or pain, try to do whatever exercise you can do .
The symptoms would be better in a few weeks but in a small percentage of people may last longer. Serious complications are rare.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.