What do these blood test reports indicate?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
The antibody profile of both of you show that both are positive for VCA IgM, VAC IgG, EBNA IgG. These results suggest past infection. Since the gentleman is on Humira, he has higher titres of the antibodies.
The treatment of EBV infection is symptomatic and supportive as antiviral treatment or immunoglobulin therapy have not been shown to be very effective or helpful.
Eat wholesome food, take paracetamol ( Tylenol ) if there is fever or pain, try to do whatever exercise you can do .
The symptoms would be better in a few weeks but in a small percentage of people may last longer. Serious complications are rare.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?