What do these blood sugar levels while on Gluconorm indicate?

Dr. Niranjan G

Diabetologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: I AM A DIABETIC FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS after REGULAR ROUTINE FASTING PP AND HGA1 TSTS DOSES WEE FIXED NORMALLY AS FOLLOWS
MORNING Before B-FAST 80 MG GLUCLAZIDE AND 5 MG ZETA GLEPTIN AND 500 MG GLUCONORM SR

EVENING SAME AS ABOVE EXCEPTING ZETAGLEPTIN
THINKS WORKED FINE WITH HGA1 READINGS AROUND 6 AND AFATING AROUND 110 AND PP 150
OFF LATE SUGAR LEVELS ARE INCREASING FASTING AROUND 135-140 PP 210 POST LUNCH 2HS AFTER 250ETC. PLS SUGGEST CHANGE IN DRUGS OR DOSAGE . I AM 70 YEARS OLD AND HYPERTESIVE PATIENT TAKING 50 MG OF METPROLAL AND OLMESATRAN- H AFTER BF AND FOR TRIGLIZERIDES AND CHOLESTRAL ROSVASTAtin WITH FENE FIBRIDE AT NIGHT. pls suggest drug changes or dosage thks

MY NAME IS XXXXXXX FROM XXXXXXX WITH EMAIL ID YYYY@YYYY

THKS XXXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Niranjan G 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are now under control continue tge same treatment

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, greetings form HCM. Based on the report your diabetes is well under control and you need to continue the same medications. Along with lifestyle changes include diet and exercise. Only doubt I have us metoprolol , you can check with your treating physician if he can change that for controlling BP as it might affrect sugar levels . But now as your sugar levels are in control you seems to be tolerating these drugs better . Continue the regular follow up and that will be sufficient. Yoga and meditation also will be very useful. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Niranjan G 27 hours later
Dear Gr XXXXXXX
Thks for the propmpt rersponse.
I have few queries

I am usnig saxagliptin and not zeta gllyptin sorry fotrtypo) which is very costl.y new ones and combinations have come like teneleglipti or a combination drug like vida glyuptin and metfromibn

2 I am having lots of muscular pain to do excercises or for long walks

3I dont have vigour and vitality including sex

4 Rosevastatin and finofibrade affect the stomache\\Alternative pls can I avoind it

5 Because of my age I can do to much excercise but any drugs to help muscles
Answered by Dr. Niranjan G 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Deae sir , i advice u to to continue the same medications ,

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, greetings again from HCM. Pls don't change medications now as all ur results are perfectt alright . Think after 4 months and see
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Niranjan G 5 days later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX

hile I will follow your instructions for the next few months and get the parameters teated again

I need some releif medication for my extra muscular pains
lack of energy vitality and medicinal changes if possible onside affects on stomach due to these combintions

thank you
Answered by Dr. Niranjan G 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Statins might cause muscular weakness

Detailed Answer:
Dear friend ,
greetings ,

yes if you are taking stains , that too higher dose for longer period of time , it might cause muscular problems. Please find that healthy diet with more of green leafy vegetables and fruits, avoiding fast and processed food, quitting smoking and alcohol along with regular exercise, yoga you can still reduce cholesterol levels there by you can control sugar levels too. You consult your doctor for the same .

Thanks a lot wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj