What do these blood reports indicate?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Child Health
Question: This is in continuation to my conversation with Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Though his fever is under check, he is still not having proper diet of food. We visited a doctor and here are the reports attached. Can you advise looking at it.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry,Appetite will improve

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for choosing HCM

I have seen the reports and it is within acceptable limits. You may find total leucocyte counts(WBC) and neutrophil out of range,but this ca be seen in case of viral infection or during recovery of viral infection.It is good to know that the fever has subsided.
I wont get worried as mild decrease in appetite is common during any illness and it improves within 3-4 days. Try to give him frequent feeds and fluids. Observe for general activity and urine output.
I hope within 2-3 days his appetite will get normal.
I shall be glad to help further if you need any.

Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 8 hours later
Sure Doc, should we continue any medicines in mean time? We are planning to travel via train this weekend, a journey of 2 days approx. I am worried if he would be fine and if we should take any medicines with ourselves as a precaution.
Brief Answer:
No need to continue any medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for follow up

I don't think that any medicine is needed as there are no symptoms apart from decreased appetite.
I suggest you to watch for any abnormal symptoms like fever, vomiting etc.
You should carry few medicines like paracetamol for pain or fever(calpol/crocin), ondensetron(anti emetic for vomiting), first aid things like adhesive bandage betadine antiseptic solution or any antiseptic ointment. Also keep ORS in case if there is loose stool.
Apart from medicines keep sanitizer for handful to avoid infection.

All the best and happy journey.