• question-icon

What do these blood reports indicate?

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Lupus
Question: I've conducted my lipid and CRP and homocytene reports attached and found it on the higher side especially FOR and homocytene i read it is link to cancer i have chronic proasis and also in last year o had an ultra sound and found 0.3cm or Ml poly on the neck of intestine and doctor told me it is too small to worry please suggest whether my high crp or homocytene is dangerous
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Abnormal Labs

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Thank you for writing on health care magic

Well,I have gone through your reports.

1. As for homocysteine it s a bit high, but it s significance of being dangerous is not too sure as lot of people( especially vegetarians ) have high levels but without any harm. It is probably some enzymes deficiencies. For that you can take Tab Homocheck 1 tab once daily and folvite 5 mg daily for 3 months.. you may be non vegetarian but some enzyme deficiency can cause it to be high

2. Your lipid profile is quite out of line as well for which you need medicines...

3. As for CRP, it may not be sensitive here if you dont have any joint symptoms. Little bit high CRP can be in Psoriasis as well.. But usually not a good marker to run after

So I would suggest you start on medicines for your Lipid profile and supplements for high homocysteine

Do let me know for more queries. Would be happy to help

REgards
Dr Naval
Follow up: Dr. Naval Mendiratta 48 minutes later
Ok I'm non veg and eat lot of meat also u haven't commented on my polyp which I have mentioned in my previous mail is it critical as one year pass by and does it has any linked with high homocytene and CRP also I'm attaching my CBC and urine Dr as informed few anomally such as occasional Red and white blood cell few bacteria and mucus please suggest
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further course

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Sorry for the late reply. Had a busy emergency day

1. I have seen your CBC and Urine report. Your urine does have few RBC, Leucocytes and mucus. I would suggest you get an Ultrasound for the kidneys done to rule out any stones which may be present as the stones can cause such a picture. If that is normal, you dont need to worry as we normally dont run after occasional ones

2. As for the polyp, most of them are beningn. Do you have a family history of colon cancer or anyone in your family has polyps??
We usually follow them up yearly for a couple of years to see if the number has changed or if the size has increased. If they stay static for 3 years, we usually let them go...But your homocysteine and high CRP doesnt co relate with it. They are normally not the cause or related to polyps...

But yes, if u have had a stone recently high CRP can be linked to it...

3. As mentioned, high homocysteine in non vegetarians may be due some enzyme deficit. So, you may need little supplements from time to time....

I hope the information was useful...As of now your reports dont look alarming..So dont worry too much

DO let me know for more queries

rEgards
Dr Naval
Follow up: Dr. Naval Mendiratta 23 minutes later
thanks for the detail response i don't have any family ( blood relative ) history of colon however my aunt's husband had this problem, I'll have my ultrasound conducted and will share the report thanks for the detail response very useful
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Closure

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

No problem at all. I am glad I could be of some assistance

Dr Naval
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist