What do these blood reports indicate?

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: please check the attched copy which is given by doctor..let me know what exactly is the problem..doctor is not saying clearly..is it a major problem or it will be cured in some period of time..
my son is only of 24days. after 15days he suffered with seizure..went to hospital we did CT scan.in scan some infection was detected..later we consulted neuro surgeon as well.
Answered by Dr. Arun 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow treatment plan as advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have seen the attached document.
Based on your history and the report it looks like he has a small head and seizures . There could be multiple reasons for this including infection while baby was developing in the womb.
Your doctor has rightly advised blood tests and I advise you to follow his protocol.
Some infection s like cmv can be treated with medicines, some cannot be treated .
Don't lose hope. There is good chance of improvement if you follow up regularly.
Wishing your child good health.
Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Arun 1 hour later
hi..
can you tell me what exactly is the problem..
Answered by Dr. Arun 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Brain is affected

Detailed Answer:
In simple terms brain is affected by probably some infection while baby was inside mother.
( being worked up like TORCH panel including cmv, send reports if you get ).
Some may be treatable as I already mentioned.