• question-icon

What do these WBC and neutrophil count indicate?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi sir, my daughter is 5 months old. Her rbc, blood platelets are normal but wbc is 11200, neutrophills are 22% And lymphocytes are 68%, monocytes,besophills and eosonophills are normal. What can I expect. She is having urinary track infection detected. What more should i be concern about the report. Please leet know if it is normal or having some complications.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Report is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

The normal limit of WBC count in a child of 5 months is beyond 15000/cu.mm and since the neutrophil count is not elevated, the report is not indicative of any bacterial infection. If urinary tract infection (UTI) is suspected, it has to be confirmed from the urine reports which have to show a raised pus cell count if it is to indicate presence of UTI.

Let me know if I could guide you further.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician