What do these NT and anomaly scan reports indicate?
I am XXXXXXX and I am 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant as per my LMP. My LMP was on July 10th.
During my NT scan and Anomaly scan I am diagnosed with a Bilateral Uterine Artery Screening Positive and notch is detected.
As per NT scan the values are as below:
Right PI: 1.69 (notch + ) - Screen Positive
Left PI: 3.20 (notch + ) - Screen Positive
Single live gestation corresponding to 12 weeks and 6 days of gestation. GA by LMP 12 weeks 3 days.
Uterine artery screening positive
As per Anomaly scan the values are as below:
Right Uterine ART : 1.11
Left Uterine Art : 1.63
Bilateral uterine artery waveform early diastolic notching noted
Mean Uterine artery PI of 1.37 noted
Screen positive Uterine artery Doppler study
19 weeks 5 days single live gestation as per LMP showing 21 weeks 1 day size (50th percentile), indicating 1-2 weeks more growth
1) Could you please advise me what are the precautions that I must take to avoid a fatel growth restriction and chances of hypertension at later stage? I am already taking Ecospirin (Aspirin tablet) - 150 mg soon after this condition was detected through NT scan.
2) As part of job requirement, my husband has been asked to relocate to USA from XXXXXXX in December 2015, when I would be in my 26th week. As the travel to the USA involves more than 25 hours of travel would it be safe for me to relocate to USA. we are confused to take a decision thinking if there will be any increased risk as per the current condition due to long travel and relocation.
few precautions required
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
1. Since You are at high risk of hypertension and intrauterine growth restriction of the fetus, you should continue taking aspirin up to34 weeks of pregnancy. Apart from it, you should get your blood pressure monitoring done every day, and antenatal visits every2 weekly.
Ultrasounds to assess fetal growth should be done every monthly.
You should take high protein diet, low salt and plenty of fluids.
2. At 26 weeks of pregnancy, you can safely travel by plane to USA. There is no risk in air travel in your situation at that gestation.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
Travel stress do not predispose to hypertension
Hi dear, travel stress has no effect on blood pressure, unless there is pre existing hypertension.
There is no risk in air travel unless you have preeclampsia or gestational hypertension just prior to the travel date.
High protein food items include sprouts, peanuts, roasted grams, pulses, eggs, milk and milk products like cottage cheese, curd, chena.
You can include them in your diet to increase the protein content.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Follicular scan done what does the report indicate
- What does this nt scan report indicate
- Nt scan report manipal hospital
- Done with uterus scan what does this report indicate
- What does the nt scan report results indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Got a renal scan what does this report indicate
- What does nt scan report at 12 weeks mean
- What are the findings in the nt scan report