• question-icon

What do these MRI reports indicate?

Posted on Sat, 5 Aug 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Dear Sir,
My mother (aged 51) is having huge pain in her right shoulder. After consulting fro orthopedicians and neuro surgeons, it has cleared that she has reverse Cervical lordosis. Please find her MRI reports and help my mother to get relieve from the intolerable pain.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antineuralgics/Short course of NSAIDS

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

I have gone through the MRI report which says reverse cervical lordosis. C4-C5 and C5-C6 disc bulges with nerve roots compression can explain the pain radiating to the right shoulder.

He might benefit with a short course of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) like Etodolac, along with continuation of pregabalin and duloxetine. After a short course of NSAID, flupirtine can be given for several days.Along with methylcobalamin, and calcium/vitamin D supplementation should be given.

Physiotherapy is also vital for improvement.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 45 hours later
Thanks Sir for your suggestions. Please resolve my some more doubts:
1) How strongly do you recommend surgery for my mother's case?
2) My mother is feeling pain just above her right breast. Does it reflect due to cervical pain?
3) Does cervical pillow/collar will help.
4) How long will it generally take to recover completely?
5) Please suggest good Dr. name from XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medicines and physiotherapy should be tried for now.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Please find the answers to your questions here, pointwise-
1)I don't say that she should directly go for surgery.Medicines and exercises, should be tried first.
2)Pain right above the right breast can be due to cervical spine changes,however, its better to get her physically examined by a neurologist for the same as well.
3)Cervical collar can be intermittently used.It will likely help with the symptoms.
4)Time period for recovery is not defined.It may take 1-2 month time for significant improvement.
5)There are several good neurologists in XXXXXXX You can visit XXXXXXX Neurology OPD.All the faculty is very good over there.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 48 hours later
Dear Sir,
Today my mother had gone through one more MRI - Contrast - 3T, whose report I have attached herewith entitled MRI Contrast_Mammy. As my mother is complaining a pinching pain in her right breast towards shoulder.
As per your guideline, I went to consult XXXXXXX Dr. XXXXXXX but he is on leave.

Please suggest me the medications, which she should use to get relieve from her intolerable pain.

Regards, XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
C6-C7 disc protrusion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.
I have gone through the MRI report which mentions of C6-C7 disc paracentral protrusion with exiting nerve compression. A following sample prescription would be of help to her-

Tab.Setolac-ER 1 tab twice a day for 4 days after meals
Tab.Pantocid 40 mg once a day, empty stomach in the morning
Tab.Maxmala forte 1 tab once a day for 5 days, thereafter twice a day
Tab.Symbal 30 mg once a day
Tab.Shalcal twice a day
Tab.Retense 1 tab twice a day for 10 days.

Does she have any other known disease like Diabetes, Hypertension or Heart disease?

PLEASE TAKE MEDICINES UNDER GUIDANCE OF A DOCTOR ONLY.

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist