• question-icon

What do these MRI, biopsy report and pap smear report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Cancer
Question: Name: - XXXX ;
D.O.B:14-04-1972;
Married, have two children, now facing the problem of Menorrhagia from February 2016,
History: In April 2015 ovarian cyst in Lt Adnexa 67x60x57mm in Rt 25x24mm,
In 20/11/115 size Lt 34.9x60.2mm,
In XXXXXXX 16 Impressions B/L Ovarian Cystic mass
In 22/10/15 Lt Ad.46x71x60mm Imp.Bulky uterus with submucous fibroid,Nabothian follicles in cervix & Lt.ovarian cu\yst.Uterus is normal 93x50x54
, CA125 in May15: 39.9
In Feb.16: CA125:54,
CA19.9; 25.7 In 20/10/15
In Biopsy in 24/06/15 No Granuloma is seen in EA
In 22/10/15 CA125: 61.80,
MRI in 05/11/15: few fibroids,hydrosalpinx,Minimal free fluid in Pelvis,bilobed cysts,cervical nebothian cysts,spurious diffusion restriction,suggesting ?hemorrhagic cyst/endometriosis,
FSH: 35.35 @CLIA 14/03/2016,
LH: 10.42 these were done during cycle,
Prolactin Serum:8.69,T3,Total:0.99 T4,Total:7.00,TSH:1.25 Pap Smear Report:-
Microscopic Exam:-Smear show sheet of basal cells, Para basal cells,intermediatecells,metaplasticcells,candidialpseudohyphae,neutrophils and lymphocytes. No evidence of dysplasia/malignancy is seen.
BETHESDA CATEGORY-Given smear show Cytomorphological features-Negative for intra epithelial lesion or Malignancy..
Chronic cervicitis
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No evidence of cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have gone through all the reports. You have not asked any specific question. I guess you want to be sure that it is not cancer.

All the reports are pointing against a diagnosis of cancer. The endometrial aspirate is negative for cancer. So bleeding is probably due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding. The ovarian cysts are there for long time and MRI suggestive of endometriotic cysts. So these are also unlikely to be ovarian cancer. CA 125 slight elevation is normal in this age and especially with endometriotic cyst.

So please continue treatment under gynecologist. There is no cause for worry at present.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist