• question-icon

What do these LFT, kidney function and thyroid reports indicate?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello DR. I am attaching my 3 month before report. After this report i am regularly going gym and working out for 1 hr daily. I tried to show this report at PGI XXXXXXX where DR. advice me to test. Because of too much waiting i have not showed this repot so far. Please consult me fully and advice me any medicine to lower these reports. Even after that i have reduced my 4 kg wait. Waiting for best reply.

Thanks & regards
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Presently no medication recommended from my side .

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX I am Dr Mody and I would be addressing your concern.
I went through all the reports attached.
The blood counts, liver function, kidney function and thyroid function is normal and requires no treatment.
Now, coming to your cholesterol and in turn LDL, both are boderline high. Considering your age and if you don't have other risk factors like diabetes, kidney issues or hypertension we can wait before starting any medication.
-Lose weight to achieve ideal weight for height .
-45 mins of aerobic exercise a day .
-Can consider taking supplements like omega 3 fatty acid 2 gms a day i.e., 1 gm capsule twice a day

Krill oil , flax seeds are another sources rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
Repeat lipid profile after 3 months .

If at all you consider medication, tablet Rosuvastatin 10 mg once at night would be enough to control the same after consultation with your doctor. Let me know if any clarification is needed.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 1 hour later
Thanks DR.

I did these tests because of my BP was little higher 95/130 sometime higher or lower. please advice me more how i can maintain my BP. from last 3 months i was not noticing and was going gym regularly and reduced 4 kp weight. Now my weight is 72.3 and my height is 5" 6'
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ideal would be to get 24 hour ambulatory BP monitoring . decrease salt in d

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,The blood pressure recording is also boder line . The upper 130 requires no treatment , for lower 95 is something I would keep a tab on , particularly this variety of diastolic hypertension is common in younger age patients .
However even for the above rename pressure we can still wait to start any medication, considering you already have achieved near ideal weight and are on right track of healthy lifestyle.
Just cut salt in diet to minimum and continue exercise .
Also of facilities are available, ideal way to approx such boder line cases is getting a 24 hour ambulatory BP monitoring and based on the result we can consider whether to start medication or not .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist