What do these FBS and PPBS levels indicate?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi I am 6 months pregnant and my recently tested sugar levels are: Fasting 112 and PP 115. Dr. has put me on Glyciphage 500 SR as I was unable to bring the fasting level down through walk and exercise. I walk 40-45 min everyday but not after meals. Is walk after meals better or anytime during the day. I walk 20-25 minutes early morning and before dinner again for 20-25 min. Please suggest which walktime will work the best to bring down blood sugar levels. Also, I continue glyciphage 2 doses per day + strict diet management.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
In the morning (after breakfast) and after meal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Welcome to health care magic,

I have read your query and understand the concern.

If your FBS 112 and PPBS 115 then I would say they are completely under very control.

Although there is no fixed time for exercise to control blood sugar,I would advise you to exercise at the same time every day with same the intensity (like if you walk daily around 20 to 25 mins).

However,the best time to control sugar would be in the morning (preferably after breakfast) and after meal (preferably after 1 hour of dinner) for 20 to 25 minutes daily walking.

Here,I would also advise you to discuss the same with your treating gynecologist considering your 6 months pregnancy.

Hope this will help.Feel free to ask if you need more clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad