What do these ECG reports indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I just wanted to check and see as my heart was in A Fib last week, how my heart beat is. I took this from my ECG this morning.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your resting ECG is perfectly normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I carefully reviewed your uploaded ECG reports and I am glad to confirm that they indicated just normal sinus rhythm.

So there is no sign of atrial fibrillation or any other cardiac disorders.

You have nothing to worry about!

So relax and don't worry about it!

What are your symptoms?

If you have frequent palpitations I would recommend performing further tests to investigate for the possible causes:

- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to examine your heart rhythm trends for a prolonged period of time and exclude cardiac arrhythmia
- thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid dysfunction
- complete blood count for chronic anemia
- blood electrolytes for possible electrolytes imbalance.

If all the above tests result normal, you should consider anxiety as the main cause of your symptoms.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Feel free to ask me again whenever you have any other uncertainties!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri