What do these CA values indicate regarding ovarian cyst?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
Hi. I have an ovarian cyst. Recent blood results came back -CA125 & CA19.9 High. I now have to have an abdominal ultrasound & CT scan. I would like to know if these 2 CA levels indicate a high possibility of cancer & if so, what treatment would I have to undergo.
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer

Answered by Dr. Prashant Sharma 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possibility is there

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.
These 2 tumor markers may rise even in benign condition. These are nonspecific and mainly have prognostic value. The diagniosis of cancer is diffiult without cytology i.e. FNAC. But in a well defined tumor fnac should not be done. Appearanceof a complex mass in CT or sono along with the raised markers should raise suspicion of cancer. In such a case complete tumor should be removed without rupture and peroperative frozen section should be done. Fell free to ask further.