What do these ALT and AST levels indicate?
Possible liver issue
Hi and Welcome to HCM.
First of all , A1c is showing not good regulated Diabetes so you should see a Diabetologist for a more detailed physical check-up.
Secondly , ALT and AST are liver markers which are significantly elevated in your case and further tests should be done to rule out viral hepatitis, liver cirrhosis and biliary disorders. Also,some medications as well as food may cause liver damage as well.
At this point,you don't need to be very concerned if there is no jaundice or any other symptom. But you should undergo for UltraSonography of the Hepato-Biliary System and check viral markers.
Let me know if there're any further queries.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydrocodone ast alt levels?
- What causes elevated ast and alt levels
- What do raised ast and alt levels indicate
- Loestrin and ast alt levels
- High alt levels but alt < ast
- What does increased alt and ast levels indicate
- Elevated alt and ast levels indicative of liver cancer
- What causes rise in alt and ast levels
- What does ast 38 and alt 66 indicate
- Dilaudid ast alt levels