What do the results of my pulmonary function test mean?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
Dear Sir, My Sister XXXX, is an asthamatic patient, recently we tested her PFT level (at a home usable handy PFT Meter), Her reading is much lower @ 130 than the normal level which is above 330 to 730, what shoud we do about it? :XXXX, YYYY@YYYY
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of acute exacerbation of asthma is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of acute worsening (exacerbation) of asthma is more likely.
In this we need to give her antibiotics, oral steroids. She may also need to step up the inhaled drugs.
So please let me know her current oral and inhaled drugs so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wishing good health to your sister. Thanks.

Follow-up: What do the results of my pulmonary function test mean? 21 hours later
Dear Sir, Thanks for your prompt reply, At Present Mrs. XXXXXXX is not taking any medicines...,But about 3 months ago she was taking Foracart 400 inhaler, AB phyline 100mg and Asthalin Syrup for Breathing Difficulty..
May you please recommend any oral or inhalable medicines...Thank You : XXXXXXX XXXX

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
She can take same drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, she can take same drugs (Abphyllin tablet, foracort inhaler and Asthalin syrup).
Better to consult pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system first.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your sister. Thanks.