What do the red spots under the breasts indicate as per the attached image?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have 3 circle light red almost brown spots around the size of a dime and 3 about the size of the tip of a pen near the top of my stomach under my right breast. Right under where my bra bottom band sits. The largest circle I have had for many years (I don’t recall not seeing there) the other two big ones in the last year and the tiny spots in the last few months. They do not irritate me and other then seeing them I don’t know they are there. My concern is that the have spread before I thought it was a birth mark because I have had it for so long but now I am not so sure. My family dr just retired and I have not been able to find a new one with spots available as I live in a small town. They kinda look like a mix between a cafe-au-Lait spot and ring worm but I am too old for one and it does not really look like ringworm.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pityriasis versicolor

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You seem to have Pityriasis versicolor. It is a superficial fungal infection caused by a yeast - malassezia furfur.
Sweat, heat awe nd humidity favor the growth of the yeast.
I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1 %cream, twice daily for 2 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist