• question-icon

What do the following test reports indicate?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Cancer
Question: Hi Doc,
Reference to the earlier communication, my relative has undergone a Pet scan today and attached the reports and scan copies.
He had undergone 5 chemo therapy.
please update the current situation as well as guide what is the best treatment to be taken .

Any further query please write back.

XXXX..
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remaining disease is there

Detailed Answer:
Hi

As per the PET-CT report I understand that the patient had lymphoma, and after chemo, disease is still remaining in the node.

This is not expected. I would strongly recommend repeat biopsy from the node, for two reasons - 1. To confirm that disease remains there, which would necessitate radiotherapy to that site and 2. To reconfirm the type of lymphoma, if at all different chemo is required.

Hope this helps. I will be available for further followup.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist