• question-icon

What do the following test reports indicate?

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: am 49 years old . I did my urine dr I found infection . then I go for urine culture I found e coli then I did course of antibiotics( s ) after one week I found again e coli then doctor advise me to do co amoxiclav for fourteen days then I did test after course  .report was ok . then after week again i start urine again in 2  2 minutes. then I did urine dr test  i found urine infection then doctor ask me to do in course for 5 days of amikun. now report are fine .mean time I did test of following.
1ultrasound of bladder and kidney normal
2 urine flow test is normal
3pre and post residual is 57ml
4 test of prostate antigen is normal
5 prostate ultrasound is 23 mildly large
now I am taking medicen (doxazosin mesylate ) nitrofurantoin 100 mg genurin forte."still I fell littel urine in penis after urination.  no burning no pain .pls help why if their is no onfection.i can sleep well no urination in 6 7 hours sleep
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have Chronic UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you had repeated episodes of UTI due to E-Coli organisms which were treated with antibiotics as per culture report .

Your relevent reports are normal even a size of 23 gms of prostate can be considered as normal and without symptoms like Nocturia and normal urine flow you do not need to take Doxazosin .

In view of repeated episodes of UTI and dribbling urination continue taking Nitrofurantoin twice daily for 4 weeks .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 13 hours later
thanx for ur reply .my problem is why I fell littel urine in penis after urination.if I hold for 10 minutes felling became normal.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to irritation of Trigone of bladder

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

The sensation of urine in penis is due to irritation of a sensitive area called Trigone of the badder which gets waned away naturally after 10 minutes .
This is due to infection of Trigone and will go away with long term use of Nitrofurantoin .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist