What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result indicate?
You need to explore causes of vagal dystonia
Hello! Thank you for your question on HCM!
I understand your concern and I think that we have to do with vagal dystonia. We have to examine possible causes of that.
First regarding your heart it seems that all your tests are ok. Bradycardia is a common finding of sick sinus syndrome(SSS). To exclude SSS we perform a heart stress test (exercise or pharmacological). If heart rate doesn't increase more than 100-110bpm it is SSS. But I don't believe that you suffer from that at your age. Besides, you have performed Stress tests and yor doctor should have noticed that.
Other causes of bradycardia are different abdominal tumors or brain lesions that compress vagal structures.
To conclude and cut it clear to you I recommend to perform some lab tests like complete blood count, PCR, liver and renal function tests, abdominal echo and a brain CT scan.
Hope to have been helpful.
Also I forgot to mention that the heart rate only goes low at rest. Not when moving around.
I recommend to perform these tests
Hi. I am glad that all your blood tests are normal. With your response about the stress test results everything looks normal with your heart. So our attention should be paid to the other causes I mentioned.
I would also like to know if you have had headaches, gait imbalance or limb numbness lately.
I forgot to ask you if have checked thyroid hormone levels. Hypothyroidism can be a cause of bradycardia.
I still recommend that you get an abdominal echo, thyroid tests, a chest x-ray and a brain CT scan (especially if you have the other neurological complaints I mentioned above).
Please feel free to ask me whenever you need.
Best regards Dr . Iliri
Please exclude other causes before ending anxiety
I am glad about your past exams but they are a little out to date; we cannot account on them to explore the etiological causes of your recent complaints. Perhaps all your problems are connected with extreme anxiety. But in medicine we generally don't afford the patient safety basing on our beliefs and uncertainty.
If you were my patient I would exclude every possible organic causes and only after that I would declare with certainty a functional disorder like anxiety.
My best wishes!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Echo stress test results
- Pac holter monitor results alcohol
- Help in reading a holter monitor results
- Undergone holter monitor test what does the finding mean
- Holter monitor test during pregnancy
- My heart is skipping beats i have to have a stress test echo holter monitor
- What is echo stress test
- Stress test vs stress echo
- Holter monitor results interpretation
- What is a holter monitor
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?