What do the following liver test reports indicate?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: 2 wks ago, i had gallstones and my gallbladder was removed. since my gallbladder attacks i started to notice concentrated urine. they found blood in my urine and say its not realted to the gallbladder. below are my blood results and i wanted to get an opinion is there is any potential of liver problems. see blood results below and please let me know. thank you so much!

ALT (SGPT)     69
AST (SGOT)     21
ALBUMIN, SERUM     4.4
Alkaline Phosphatase      116
Total Bilirubin     0.69
Total Protein     7.8
Bilirubin, Direct     0.16
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
ALT slightly elevated due to gallbladder attack;further tests advised...

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.

1. In your blood tests results I found that ALT is slightly elevated. This is due to gallbladder attacks. It will gradually get reduced do not worry.

2. Other parameters are within normal range.

3. With regards to concentrated urine and blood in urine, we cannot judge only based on visual examination. Urine analysis and ultrasound of urinary tract are needed to determine the right problem.

Probably might be due to infection or possible urinary stone, however, urine analysis will confirm it. The liver panel is not showing that problems are coming from gallbladder or liver.

Meanwhile, I advise to drink plenty of water and take magnesium citrate to neutralize urine pH.

Hope it was of help!
Dr.Klerida
Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist