What do the following lab test results indicate?

Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: My Labs came back with POSITIVE for CA19-9, IG%1.1H, IG#0.9H, LYM#4.03H,MONO#0.76H
Lab says CA19-9 shouldn't show up- IG% shouldn't be more than 1.0, IG# shouldn't' be more than 0.03K/uL
LYM# shouldn't be more than 3.74K/uL and MONO# shouldn't be more than 0.36K/uL
How concerned should I be and what could these test indicate? Also 24 hour protein urine test is high at 212.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CA 1909 is a tumor marker, needs to be correlated with clinical findings.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

CA 19-9 is a tumor marker.
Its values can be interpreted when it is correlated with clinical findings.
A urine protein suggests some kidney dysfunction.
Lymphocytes, monocytes etc are white blood cells.
Their values can be interpreted when correlated with total leucocyte count.
I suggest you to post the blood report for interpretation.

Thanks
Dr Shailja Puri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad