What do the following blood test results indicate?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Morning,
I recently underwent a fast for some 17 days. It was primarily made up of a juice of mango+coconut water each morning, 2 cups of green(grren leaf vegetables soup for lunch, peach+coconut water for dinner
and an apple for morning and afternoon tea.
My latest blood test results have me concerned with my LFT. My AST is 36, ALT is 73 and Gamma GT is 56.
The results have been marked with (H), obviously high, against the ALT and Gamma GT. Would my fasting to this degree affected these results or should I undertake further testing to clear any possible damage etc?
Also my Serum Lipids were
Cholesterol 5.2, Triglyceride 0.7, HDL 0.9, LDL 4.0 AND CHL/HDL RATIO 5.8
Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your findings suggests raised ALT and GGT.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

It is not expected due to fasting.
You may need clinical examination and few more investigations.
You may need routine hemogram,random blood sugar,liver function test,viral markers and ultrasound of abdomen.
I prescribe tablet ursodeoxycholic acid tablets 300 mg twice daily for three months to my patients.

Try to avoid fat (particularly saturated fat) in your diet.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 3 days later
Thankyou for your reply however you determined action and or treatment based on the results. What I needed was knowing whether these results were due in part from my 17 day fast? i lost a little over 10kg during this period. I would assume my body would have been burning fats for energy. No doubt my liver was processing this so would this process have directly affected the LFT and Cholestoral levels?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Findings are not expected due to fasting.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj