What do the following blood count results indicate?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can you please interpret this blood count results?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
normal blood counts

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
This is a normal blood count report.
All values are completely normal except for your hematocrit which is 41.6 and normal is 42 so this is not really an abnormality. Hemoglobin (which is normal) and hematocrit (HCT) are measures of your red blood cells and the fact that they are normal means you are not anemic.
The WBC count is also normal. It becomes elevated if you have certain infections.
The platelets are also normal and this shows that you have enough platelets to initiate clotting if you get cut.
The lymphcytes, monos etc are all different WBC types and they are all normal as well. The MCV and MCH are reflections of hemoglobin and cell size and they are normal as well
This is an excellent report
Dr. Robinson

Follow up: Dr. Kathy Robinson 13 minutes later
Thank you doctor
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Glad you got a good report
Dr. Robinson