What do the chest pain and breathlessness during walk with moderate pace suggestive of?
Needs evaluation and optimal medical management
Your symptoms are very much suggestive of anginal chest pain due to blockages in the heart arteries.
Ideally, you should visit the hospital and get yourself evaluated. We usually do, ecg, echo cardiography. Also, some general test like Serum fasting lipid profile, sugars both fasting and post lunch should be done.
It is advisable then to undergo, angiography and if needed stenting or bypass surgery depending upon the angiography results.
We usually starts medicines, like Aspirin 150, statin like atorvastatin 40, nitroglycerin Tab 2.6 mg twice a day (8 am, 4 pm), beta blocker like Metoprolol.
We also give Tab Isosorbide dinitrate 5 mg whenever needed sublingually to relieve pain rather than pain killers. So you can discuss with local doctor and get this prescribed.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathless and chest pain after walking
- Tiredness chest pain breathlessness
- Sleeplessness arms pain chest pain breathlessness what is it
- Chest pain and breathlessness done ecg what is the problem
- Breathlessness and mild chest pain
- Cause of chest pain and breathless
- Chest pain cough breathless
- Dull chest pain and breathless
- Chest pain breathless and nauseous
- What causes moderate to severe chest pains
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?