What do the attached urine reports indicate for 13 months pregnancy?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: dear Madam/Sir
My Wife is 13th week pregnant We had don Urine analysis and Urine Culture test .Could you please review the report and let us know if anything that could impact her Pregnancy or health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No significant abnormality detected.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

I have gone though the attached reports and would like to offer some information.

The urinalysis shows a few epithelial cells and red blood cells. If contamination is excluded, a watch should be kept on the renal profile. Apart from this, the urinalysis is normal.

Urine culture is sterile. There is no obvious infection to account for the slightly high count of epithelial cells. So, right now there is no impact on the pregnancy or the health of the expectant mother.

Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 6 minutes later
Thanks for the information.what should be done for epithelial cells . red blood cells and Pus cells whaich are not in Normal Range.Do we need to to any other additional test to rule out ant issues?
Also in the urine analysis report it has mentioned the PRESENT(TRACE) which should be absent.Does it have any impact on Kidney?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Since infection has been ruled out through culture test, inflammation and contamination are the other possibilities for the higher cell count in urinalysis. As mentioned earlier, if contamination is excluded, inflammation has to detected, if any. I would suggest a repeat urinalysis after a week or two to compare.

Traces of protein is not to be worried about. There can also be variation from lab to lab. It is physiological during pregnancy and does not impact the kidney.

Hope this helps. Please get back if you need any more information.

regards,
Shanti.V.