What do the attached thyroid test results indicate?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Wed, 25 Jul 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: my SGOT 41.10 and S.G.P.T 104.77 from last test in mid 2017,these values always high when i go for a blood test.
Another thing i have abnormal value for THYROID TSH 7.02.

Some time i have burning sensation after food in chest and stomach.. some time in between night also.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Visit a gastroenterologist for a detailed examination

Detailed Answer:

Constant rise in SGOT and SGPT indicates that there is a chronic disease in your liver and you need to get a detailed examination and treatment or it can be due to sedentary lifestyle you may have fatty liver leading to high SGOT and SGPT.

High Thyroid TSH means you have thyroid deficiency and may have to start on treatment. Before that it is best to get a free T3 and T4 to be sure of the thyroid levels.

Healthy diet and regular exercises such as walking is a must, Drink plenty of water. Avoid smoking and alcohol if you do.

Burning sensation after food is due to acidity. You can take tab. rantac 20 mg twice daily half an hour before food for 2 weeks. Drink plenty of water and butter milk to reduce acidity.

I hope this answered you query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 23 hours later
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kampana 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome.

With regards,