What do the attached reports indicate?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Please review the report of my boy of 3.5 years

Boy : Aged 3.5 years
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would also like a brief medical history - please upload report

Detailed Answer:
Hi...I have not got any report here in my dashboard. Please upload it.

Moreover I would like to have a brief history regarding the kid after i see the report, before opining on it.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: What do the attached reports indicate? 1 hour later
Uploaded the report, Pls review it

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on Ultrasound abdomen report

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I understand your concern.

This report can be taken as a normal report and need not be worried about, the child is not having any symptoms and he is not on any medical or surgical management as of now.

I have a few questions for you, please revert back with answer so that I can guide you better.

Questions -

1. There is a mention in the report that this could be post-surgical - what was the surgery and why was it done and at what age was it done?

2. What was the indication for taking an ultrasound abdomen now?

3. Do you have any report of blood, renal function test which has been performed on the kid?

4. What is the date of birth of the kid and what are the current exact height in centimetres and weight in kilograms?

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: What do the attached reports indicate? 17 hours later
Questions -

1. There is a mention in the report that this could be post-surgical - what was the surgery and why was it done and at what age was it done?- Duplex Kidney surgery, done when he was 8 months old

2. What was the indication for taking an ultrasound abdomen now?- high temperature and blood teat showing mild infection, urine -little fuzz, also he is having throat infection as per doctor

3. Do you have any report of blood, renal function test which has been performed on the kid?- Hospital did not pass to me

4. What is the date of birth of the kid and what are the current exact height in centimetres and weight in kilograms?- 08th July 2014, 97cm , 13.8kg

Anything to worry

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on Ultrasound report

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... I have gone through the details which you have provided.

Now I can say that the child is not in any serious medical or surgical problem.

They would have done an ultrasound because there was a surgery previously and they would have wanted to rule out any vesico ureteric reflux are dilated ureters which are not there. So you need not worry.

By what you say I feel that your child is having only a simple viral illness.

I will explain you how a viral illness behaves so that you can be more confident.

Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.

I am happy to help if there are any more further queries regarding this and in future also.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth