What do the attached reports indicate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Attention to Cardiologist or like for Sukla XXXXXXX Female (~65 Years) Episodic palpitation.
July, 2017 Tests results
(1)     LAFB in ECG, occasional complain of Left sided chest pain,
(2)     BP 120/70 mm Hg (fluctuates 115/ 90 mm Hg Nov, 2017) , pulse 86/ min (occasionally goes rapid).
(3)     July 2017 Echocardiogram Impression: Concentric LVH, Good Systolic Function, Diastolic Dysfunction (Grade I);
(4)     July 2017 TMT Impression: Negative for inducible myocardial ischemia at 87% of MPHR {Findings: Good effort tolerance, Patient excercised 12 minutes 06 sec and achieved a workload 13.6 METs, Patient XXXXXXX HR attained 137 bpm 87% of target rate 157 bpm, Patient developed no chest pain, No LVS3/MR, Normal HR, BP 170/84 response and double product, No XXXXXXX or bradyarrhythmia, Good chronotropic (N) HR- reserve and (N) HR- recovery, SPO2>95% during entire; P exercise duration, recovery uneventful. Achieved target heart rate};
(5)     2017 July Chest PA view : No active parenchymal lesion is seen in the lung fields, Hilar shadows are normal, Cardiac size is normal, Hemidiaphragms are normal, CP angles are normal, Bony thorax is intact.
(6)     2017 July Immunology & Biochemistry Test: High Sensitive Troponin 1 <1.5 ng/L ; LIPID Profile Cholesterol 214 mg/dl, Triglycerides 138 mg/dl, HDL 54 mg/dl, LDL 143 mg/dl, VLDL 27.6 mg/dl, T/C/ HDL Ration 3.96, RBS 97L mg/dl.
(7)      Height; 153.5 cm, weight 57.7 kg, BMI: 24.3.
(8)     Use daily Amlodac (2.5g). Occasionally take Tonact 20 mg, Supermet XL 25 mg.
(9)      Sports person in early life, now perform intermittent physical conditioning for participating Masters Athletics - short & mid distance runner.
(10)     There is often complaint of irritating boul syndrome (2-3 times toilet) and stomach pain after meal - take pentoprazole almost regularly to ward of flatulence.
Advice sports participation in Age-wise Masters Athletics competition/ conditioning exercise - Trade mill 10 min, Cycling 5 min - 4 day a week; including medicine if deemed to treat/ or remove 'panic' on health
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for such a detailed query. I will try the answer the points one by one.

1. ECG is not much of a concern here.

2. Blood pressure is well maintained within normal limits.

3. TMT results are good considering the age group.

4. Echo is also normal .

5. Xray report is normal

6. Lipid profile is almost near normal.

7. The medication which the patient is on should be continued as prescribed.

She can take part in the sports according to her age group as far as she feel comfortable. The only point here is she should not exert too much and whenever she feels uneasy she should stop.

As she is on a small dose of beta blockers supermet Xl which decreases the heart rate, so if she exert too much it can cause symptoms of dizziness or giddiness as heart rate won't rise as required due to medicine effect.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng