What do the attached reports indicate for the vision?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: What is complications? Whether LifeTime follow up required or not? If required then what will be frequency? Whether again surgery required or not?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please read detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:
Detailed Answer:
I've gone through your attachment.

Blurred vision and flashing is a key symptom. The macula is the part of the retina responsible for clear vision in your direct line of sight. Macular degeneration is mostly related to a combination of age and environmental factors. Over a period of time, tissue in your macula may become thin and break down causing complete loss of vision in the effected eye. Unfortunately Macular degeneration can't be cured.

However, further steps can be taken to help to slow its progression, such as taking vitamin supplements, eating healthy. Take a lot of anti oxidants.

Buckling operation can be done.
Yes patient has to follow up on yearly basis under a opthalmologist.
Buckling could be performed.
If not treated properly can result in loss of vision.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj