Owl Image

What do the attached creatine reports indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Dear Sir, Can you please review my son serum creatine report. he is 6 years old, actually i was a test of vitamins for him but thought doing same and found this. Please advise.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Serum Creatinine is near normal range .Not to be worried for

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query and uploading report of serum Creatinine of your 6 years old son .

Though it is slightly lower than normal value low serum Creatinine has no significance at all and rules out any kidney disease .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What do the attached creatine reports indicate? 8 minutes later
Thank you Sir for your reply. Happy New Year to you. Just checking what could be reasons for his low level for serum creatinine. Is there diet plans or something we should be taking care going forward?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increase Protein intake

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Creatinine is a end product of Protein metabolism and low protein intake can cause low creatinine in blood .

Increase his protein intake in diet like egg white ,non vegetarian food like chicken or fish etc .

Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil.