What do the attached blood reports indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2017
Jan 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find the my blood report, ECG, 2D echo and UCG.

Please advice based on report.

Jxxxxxxx

Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your lipid is deranged, rest of the reports are fine.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your reports and I have found some abnormalities.

1. Deranged lipid profile. Your cholesterol and triglycerides are significantly elevated, and the same thing is reflected in your ultrasound which shows fatty liver. Initially, we'll begin lifestyle modifications for 2-3 months, later followed by medicines if not controlled.

So you should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high-calorie diet. Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according to your capacity at least 30 min a day and 5 days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid red meat. Avoid yellow part of the eggs as it is rich in cholesterol.

Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. There shouldn't abdominal fat deposition or obesity. So after 2-3 months of lifestyle modifications, you should repeat fasting lipid profile, and If parameters are under control we'll continue the same or else begin cholesterol-lowering medicine.

2. Another thing, abnormal urine pH which I think mostly due to delayed processing of urine and bacterial contamination. So I am not much worried about it.

However, you should get urine pH repeated may be from another lab. Also, get blood pH done simultaneously or even later after another abnormal urine pH test. Another cause, if you had consumed a lot of citrus fruits like oranges etc prior to the test. Some medicines can also cause but I guess you are not on any other medicine.

3. There are minor variations in some of the parameters but not a problem. Echo and ECG are normal.

So main abnormality is abnormal lipid profile. Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

Follow-up: What do the attached blood reports indicate? 44 minutes later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Sir,

I had BP before 3 months 130/100 and it reduced to 128/90. I have done my blood test one month before this test.

Please find the report attached.

To reduce the cholesterol reduced from 267 to 239. For unrine PH any other caring is needed, please suggest.

I am XXXXXXX the Urine test result.

Jxxxxxxx

I am doing brisk walking but not regular. Please advive

1. How much water I need to drink daily?
2. Is Brisk walking and Jogging is sufficient?
3. For Vitamin D deficiency , what I need to do?

I am not taking any medicine. I have changed my life style a bit.

I need to sleep at least 7 hours, is there any health issue if I sleep less.

Prolong sitting, how it will effect my health because I am working as IT professional.

Jitendra

Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your triglycerides have come down but cholesterol has gone up

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your previous reports as well.

1. In lipid profile, your triglyceride levels decreased but cholesterol levels have gone up which is a more important component of lipid profile. So if you are sure that you can modify your lifestyle including diet and exercise then you can give a try for another 2 months and repeat lipid profile after that. And if you think, you can't go beyond this then I would suggest you have medicine for it.

You can get prescribed by any local physician, Tab Rosuvastatin 5 mg once a day bedtime for 8 weeks and repeat lipid profile after that. Try to follow the instructions which I mentioned in the previous post.

Running is better than brisk walking, but if you are not able to run then brisk walking is also fine. Something is better than nothing. Since your job is sitting, you need to give some time in the schedule to exercises to compensate for the sedentary lifestyle. 6 hours is a minimum amount of sleep which is necessary to try to have it for better functioning of the body. An otherwise healthy individual should have at least 2 liters of water a day.

2. Vit D is low. You need to sit in the early morning sunlight. Also, have Tab Uprise D3 60,000 units once a week for 8 weeks then once a month for six months.

3. Regarding urine pH, there are no precautions as such at this point. You should once Repeat the test to confirm and if remains in the same range ask them to so blood pH as well. So we can take necessary actions further. Otherwise, it's not a worrisome matter.

4. Also, increase the consumption of iron-rich foods like green leafy vegetables, dates, jaggery etc. as your iron level is borderline.

All the best.