What do the altered levels of leucocyte count, borderline hemoglobin along with decreased vitamin D3 indicate after 6 months of gestation?
My wife is 6 Months Pregnant.Have done some routine blood Checkup.Attached the report for the same.So could you please give us input on the same.Whether it will have any complications on Pregnancy.
Following results were not in normal range
TEST NAME VALUE UNITS REFERENCE RANGE
TOTAL LEUCOCYTES COUNT 11.75 X 10³ / μL 4.0-10.0
LYMPHOCYTE PERCENTAGE 17.2 % 20.0-40.0
TOTAL RBC 3.73 X 10^6/μL 3.9-4.8
HEMOGLOBIN 11.4 g/dL 12.0-15.0
MEAN CORPUSCULAR VOLUME(MCV) 91.4 fL 83.0-101.0
RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH - SD(RDW-SD) 48.8 fL 39.0-46.0
RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH (RDW-CV) 14.6 % 11.6-14.0
25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL) C.L.I.A ng/ml
I have gone through your question and understand the importance.
I have reviewed the reports.
The report is within normal limits for pregnancy.
Leucocytes or white blood cells are increased in Pregnancy physiologically, so all the type of leucocytes like monocytes, lymphocytes, neutrophils are altered in number.
Since the hemoglobin levels are just borderline, she should take iron supplementation in form of the iron tablet once a day.
Red cell distribution width is increased due to iron deficiency. It will normalize once iron supplementation is taken.
Vitamin D3 levels are decreased, and for this, she should take vitamin D3 supplementation in the dosing of 20,000IU once a week for 6 weeks then recheck the Vitamin D3 levels to decide on further dosing if any.
The levels of hemoglobin and vitamin D-3 are only borderline deranged, and will not adversely affect the pregnancy if corrected in time.
Rest, all the reports are completely normal.
There is nothing to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Feel free to ask in case of any further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Continue till delivery and 3 months after.
She should continue iron and calcium tablets till delivery and continue it further for 3 months after childbirth.
vitamin D tablets can be stopped until delivery.
Dr. Deepti Verma
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the benefits of vitamin d3 for infants
- Normal levels of vitamin d3
- What can be done to increase the vitamin d3 levels
- What are the side effects of liquid vitamin d-3?
- What are the side effects of vitamin d3?
- Safe level of vitamin d3
- Low vitamin d3 levels
- Vitamin d3 levels
- High vitamin d3 levels
- Vitamin d3 and sinusitis
- What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...
- What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
- What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?
- What causes dizziness after having Percocet?
- What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?
- What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...
- What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?
- What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?
- What are the different methods of safe abortion?