Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What do stomachaches with burning sensations indicate as per the attached reports?

Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 16504 Questions

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My uncle is feeling too much burning and pain in Stomach and lower portion. He is facing this problem since last 2 years. while we came to know we met General medicine doctor and as per doctor some test has been done. After looking the reports doctor suggested us to meet Gastroenterology surgeon immediately. Kindly look the reports and suggest us on urgent basis.

Regards, Paritosh XXXXXXX
+ 91 0000
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ERCP and EUS as explained to get an early diagnosis and plan of Rx.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history about your uncle' seen the reports and understood the concerns.
This is a straightforward case of blockage of the common bile duct which empties the bile from liver and gallbladder into duodenum.
The cause can be stricture, impacted gallstone or cancer.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Ask the Doctor about a Gastroenterology center wherein the facility of ERCP and EUS that is Endoscopic Ultrasound is available. This will give the proper diagnosis and stenting for blockage so that the bile starts flowing into duodenum and correct the disturbed liver function.
This will also allow the most proper diagnosis and plan for proper management.
Which city you and uncle belong to?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 9 minutes later
Sir, we are from XXXXXXX state and city is Dharmanagar. Here no good treatment is available and our family financial condition is very bad. kindly advice where we can go for further check-up. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ask Dr XXXXXXX who did Endoscopy for the best center nearby in Govt

Detailed Answer:
You can try at XXXXXXX
Dr. Amitava XXXXXXX is a Gastroenterologist in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX where he can be consulted at Vinayaka Health Care and Diagnostic Centre and at XXXXXXX Gastro and Liver Clinic. He is a specialist in "pain less endoscopy", pediatric endoscopy and therapeutic endoscopy (stenting, banding, clipping tumor resection, polypectomy and dilatation.

Get his phone number and call him.
As this would be nearby.
Also search for any Specialty Gastro center in XXXXXXX and let me know.
Also Ask Dr XXXXXXX who did Endoscopy as he can know the best center nearby.
And give me feedback

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on