• question-icon

    What do spots on the feet and hair loss indicate?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Please check attached pic of my feet. i have spots only on my feet which I observed 3 month back but now it is increased.
I have heavy hair loss problem too.

I have PCOS, is it related to PCOS problem. Please advice.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding lesions on skin and hair fall issue

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.

I can see multiple, flat, brown colored spots on feet which are most probably either seborrheic keratosis(SK's) or flat warts. While SK's are benign epidermal growths, warts are an infection with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Neither of these is related to your PCOD problem. Treatment for both is similar and is commonly performed with either electrosurgery or radiofrequency cautery.

As far as excessive hair fall problem is concerned it may be related to your PCOD problem. I suggest you to use Minoxidil 5%solution, 1ml, twice daily on scalp skin. In addition you may also take an oral biotin supplement e.g H-Vit forte tablet or Revilus tablet once daily. Besides these specific treatment of PCOD with hormonal pills, antiandrogens and life style changes like diet, exercise and weight loss would also help reduce hair fall.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Hello Dr. Kakkar,

Thanks for quick response.

For PCOS, I am going to start Myoinositol - 550mg from today. So, can I use the tablets which you suggested to take?

Also, for brown color spots, do I need to visit dermatologist in person for treatment? If Yes, can you suggest any near buy manikonda.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding hair fall and skin spots on legs

Detailed Answer:

The tablet I suggested is for your hair problem. Yes, you can start with them.
For the spots you need to visit a dermatologist. I dont have any specific reference near about your place. Electrosurgery is a very minor procedure and I am sure any qualified dermatologist at your place would be able to do it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Thank you so much.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8967 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Flat warts

doctor1 MD

I have a flat wart for 5 years. Doctor adciced me to use Nilac gel for 1 month during overnight. I am appying this for 15 days. By touching I can...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a couple of warts under my arm pit and I treated thwm with wart off freezing and now they are red and flat they r small and red called a...

doctor1 MD

hi I was wondering if you could tell me if I have hpv . I sweat a lot down there and went to the doc about a week ago. when i got there the...

doctor1 MD

Have flat warts on arm and applied compound wyo the area , as directed by my doctor ( I have a cluster of a 5 or so in a few different spots) I...

doctor1 MD

A 4.5 year old with one commom wart on each scrotum x 4 weeks. From what i recall, i think he may still be in diapers ( recently acquired him as a...

doctor1 MD


my father is suffering with the disease called verruca plana since 10yrs and he has gone through many treatments such as homeo ,ayurvedic and...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

151 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Kakkar S.
  • Q - Suggest treatment for thinning of skin

  • Q - Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?

  • Q - What casues allergic skin rash?

  • Q - How to diagnose herepes type 2?

  • Q - What causes white pimples in vagina?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp

  • Q - What causes non itchy eruption on penis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body