• question-icon

What do spots on the feet and hair loss indicate?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Please check attached pic of my feet. i have spots only on my feet which I observed 3 month back but now it is increased.
I have heavy hair loss problem too.

I have PCOS, is it related to PCOS problem. Please advice.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding lesions on skin and hair fall issue

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.

I can see multiple, flat, brown colored spots on feet which are most probably either seborrheic keratosis(SK's) or flat warts. While SK's are benign epidermal growths, warts are an infection with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Neither of these is related to your PCOD problem. Treatment for both is similar and is commonly performed with either electrosurgery or radiofrequency cautery.

As far as excessive hair fall problem is concerned it may be related to your PCOD problem. I suggest you to use Minoxidil 5%solution, 1ml, twice daily on scalp skin. In addition you may also take an oral biotin supplement e.g H-Vit forte tablet or Revilus tablet once daily. Besides these specific treatment of PCOD with hormonal pills, antiandrogens and life style changes like diet, exercise and weight loss would also help reduce hair fall.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Hello Dr. Kakkar,

Thanks for quick response.

For PCOS, I am going to start Myoinositol - 550mg from today. So, can I use the tablets which you suggested to take?

Also, for brown color spots, do I need to visit dermatologist in person for treatment? If Yes, can you suggest any near buy manikonda.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding hair fall and skin spots on legs

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The tablet I suggested is for your hair problem. Yes, you can start with them.
For the spots you need to visit a dermatologist. I dont have any specific reference near about your place. Electrosurgery is a very minor procedure and I am sure any qualified dermatologist at your place would be able to do it.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Thank you so much.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist