What do sores on penis tip suggest?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have 2 cuts/sores under the tip of my penis what can they be from?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs STD work up

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Cuts and bruises on foreskin are due to many causes. It could be a genital herpes. In uncircumcised penis, excessive friction due to masturbation can very much cause these cuts and bruises as well.

Genital herpes, Warts, gonorrhea, syphilis along with may other sexualy transmitted illnesses also present this way.

There is only one way to know. Get a complete STD panel tested and if that comes negative then it is mere friction induced by coitus or masturbation. Apply topical hydrocortisone and antifungals and hope for the best.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan