What do sore throats, fever and red spots on the legs indicate?
Needs work up and management
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. The list of differential of sore throat with a rash is big and needs to be worked up for all the possibilities. Some possibilities are infectious mononucleosis, scarlet fever, fifth disease, measles, hand foot and mouth disease, vasculitis, west nile viral infection, adult onset stills disease and rheumatic disease etc. It needs complete rheumatological and clinical correlation and thorough work up to find out the possible cause. It could be viral or an autoimmune or a systemic illness. Only complete clinical correlation will narrow the differentials. Consult a good physician nearby and let them take it from there.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
My sister just have another question. She wanted to know what other lab exams you recommend. (Thank you for mentioning West Nile virus, I guess it's a different exam than Dengue, Zika and chikungunya which were negative for her)
Here are the other exams that her doctor requested(and she is still waiting on results): complete blood count,glycemia, total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, uric acid, creatinine, urea, sodium, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, ferritin, vit.b12, vit.D, glycated hemoglobin, TSH, T4, gamma GT, TGO, TGP, amylase, rheumatoid factor, FAN, total IgE, CEA, cortisol, TAP and urine.
So the question is, What other blood tests do you recommend?
Thank you again for your interest in this case.
Let the results come
Thank you for getting back to me
The lab work which is requested is thorough enough and will pick up any abnormality or pathology if there. Lets wait for the reports and see what happens. Supportive care for sore throat is advised.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever sore throat leg and butt pain
- What causes fever severe sore and red throat
- Headache sore throat dizziness fever leg pain
- What is the remedy for fever with sore throat
- Red spots on legs after fever
- Sore throat with fever and temperature and chills and now spots on legs
- Red blotches on lower legs sore throat and mild fever
- Fever sore throat red blotches
- Sore throat blotches onl legs and fever
- Red spots on legs fever
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...