What do sore abdominal muscles with lower backache and muscle fatigue indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018
Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
My father died after a long illness on December 17th. After he died I observed that I had very sore abdominal muscles. I considered it normal and I attribute it to the high stress I was going through. Since then I have irritations in the front part of my abdominal muscles the pain radiates back to my spinal erectors and I also have flank pain more dominant on the right side of the obliques and at the same level as the top of my spinal erectors.
The flank pain feels like someone is pinching me hard with their finger. The abdominal and lower back pain does not feel like exercise induced pain it feels like exhausted muscles, like being all day in the sun. Meanwhile i have been drinking 2-3 glasses of wine very day.

Based on the symptoms I have what do you think I have. Do you think i should have medical examinations right away or give it some time and then check it out.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Evaluation and examination asap

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
As per the history you have provided the most probable cause I can think of are as follows:
Spinal cord or nerve root compression that can cause neurogenic pain.
Fibromyalgia , since you have undergone through the stress.
Vitamin D deficiency as an associated cause.
Post viral.
I think it is better to undergo a proper clinical evaluation, examination and investigations as suggested by your Doctor and referral to a Specialist if asked for by your Doctor.
This will give the most appropriate diagnosis and plan for management as it will be a guided one.
Also check for thyroid and diabetes and vitamins.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.