What do small white spots on the penis indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Penis Problems
Question: Hey,
I have a small group of white spots on my penis when i pull my firskin back on the skin. Not on the knob. They do not irratate me at all except not knowing what they are. They are not painful when peeing. I went to a sexual health nurse and she swabbed them and it came back as nothing. She said it could be from friction however they have been there for a few months now (2-3) when googling images of herpes they look similar. Is there something else i could have?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These spots are likely to be Fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and photographs that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as multiple Fordyces spots on genital.

These are normal painless and non contagious spots that occur due to ectopic sebaceous glands and have no significance at all except cosmetic reason ...

They do not require any treatment and get resolved spontaneously over a period of time .

Observe proper personal hygiene by cleaning your genitals with warm water twice daily .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil