What do small stools indicate during a bowel movement?
You are most likely constipated!
This small button like stools point to constipation. I recommend you increase fruits, vegetable and fiber intake.
Also, avoid processed meals as they have little fibers and predispose to constipation. Moderate, regular exercise and increased fluid intake will be helpful at addressing this.
Are you on any medication? Pain medications and some other drugs used in treating high blood pressure can cause this. If you are on any, it will be nice to communicate for review and guidance.
Finally, use laxatives if all of the above fail. Colace is my preferred medication.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Omeprezol,Allreds (for eyes). Vitamin B, vitamin D and calcium
Have you been able to pass stool?
Thanks for these details. Have you had a bowel movement already? How is your pain?
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Chobufo Ditah, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Painful bowel movement sticky stool
- Bowel movement sticky stools
- Pink bowel movement stools
- Mucus bowel movement no stool
- What causes pain during bowel movement with blood in stool
- Ridge on stool bowel movement
- Abnormal stool bowel movements
- Straining during bowel movement causing blood in stool
- What causes sticky stools and frequent bowel movements
- Long stools bowel movements