What do small black scab on hand indicate?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 27 Jun 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a small black scab on my hand that has been there for over a month.??
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seborrhoeic keratosis- normal aging sign

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the black scab on the skin.

After thoroughly analysing the picture let me reassure you that the black scab is normal aging tissue which is known as Seborrhoeic keratosis. You can go on Internet and compare image for your ready reference.

It is a simple benign proliferation of the skin which appears dark due to deposition of pigment known as melanin.

It never leads to any problem throughout life and never turns into any malignant growth. So do not worry about this normal natural aging process of skin.

I hope these informations will relax your mind.

I will be glad to answer any further queries.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 20 minutes later
Thankyou very much!
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wish you healthy life ahead

Detailed Answer:

Welcome again to the forum.

I am really happy to know that you are relaxed about your condition.

I will be glad to answer any further queries or if not then can close the discussion and rate the answer.

For any future clarifications and guidance you can ask me directly at:

bit.ly/drsanjaykanodia

“with good health wishes”

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD-Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases