What do slight vaginal bleeding and delayed periods indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello doctor, my lmp was on 2nd feb. and two weeks back i got to see blood and there was slight bleeding in brown colour tissue kind for a day not through out the day though and it dint recur again till now. I checked this weekend and the pregnency test came negative.i have two kids and am not looking for more also. Can you advice if I need to take any medicines? Or should i wait for more time? Please suggest. Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for 7 days

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in to us with your health concerns. I can completely understand your concern regarding the pregnancy. I would advise you to wait for one week , since pregnancy is not confirmed yet so there is no use of taking any medicine. So wait for spontaneous periods which should come by one week from now. If not then do let me know. Can you also tell me what is your periods schedule?

Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Grnerally it is 30-35 days doctor. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait for a week

Detailed Answer:
Then nothing to worry just wait for another week for periods and then in case you still don't get them then do a pregnancy test again.
Most likely you will get periods in coming week.